Powered By Blogger

I'm Back! ..and Happy New Year!

Hello fellow retro lovers! Happy New Year to you! I realize that I totally missed 2013..whoooops!

It's been a verrrrrrry long time since I've written in my blog. You know how it goes, you get enthusiastic about posting and after some time passes, you either get just a big lazy or you get super busy. It's been both of those scenarios for me. But, I do want to contribute to the retro world as it's very dear to my heart :) 


I may not post as often but hopefully there's still someone out paying attention! 

I've taken a break from my usual retro 'do because the rollers and extra heat do quite a number on my hair. It's good to take a break from time to time and re-evaluate. I've been curly more often than not and sometimes straighten my hair for a week or so. 

My straight hair and my morning cup of tea before cleaning.  

 
I know heat damage is pretty much a part of the process if I'm wearing my hair a certain style so I alternate. 


Sometimes I'm more curly-modern.

I've had crazy knots and split ends too so I cut my hair a little and that makes a huge difference. It's interesting, I don't miss having the longest of hair because I still manage to have fun with it. I think it's due to my desire to wear my natural hair. My confidence has increased so much that it doesn't matter how my hair is, I usually love it. Score! 

My selfie hair cut, not too shabby!

So, I've been here and there and enjoying life, working out a lot more and trying not to sweat the small stuff. I hope you all have been well, do let me know what you've been up to! I can't promise not to disappear because, well, you know lol. But! I think I'm getting back into the posting spirit. Huzzah for that! 

Til next time,

TheRetroNatural

7 comments:

Mrs. Glam said...

I nearly choked when I saw a new post from you on my Blogger Reading List LOL! It's great to see you posting again!

Jc said...

Mrs Glam lol! I agree! Welcome back. It will be awesome to see you every so often :)

Gabriella said...

Hooray! So glad you are back!

The Retro Natural said...

Aww, thanks for the love Mrs. Glam, Jc and Gabriella!! I've been trying to motivate myself to get back in the swing of things and catch up with me fellow bloggers as well. Cheers to being more active! :)

Britt said...

So, so, so excited that you're back!!!

Erocka said...

yay! you're back! I used to lurk here daily. While looking up vintage hairstyles for natural hair I decided to come back and check on you and I am so happy to see a new post from you!!!

The Retro Natural said...

Thanks Britt and Erocka! I've been gone way too long, happy to be back and happy to be posting! I'm enjoying photography a lot more now too so I have an outlet :)